Terms & Conditions
This website, www.mideast.com.gr, hereinafter referred to as “Website”, has been created and constitutes property of a Greek private group of limited companies under the name “Mideast Travel”, which consists of the companies Mideast International Tours Ltd. (Air Tickets) and Mideast Travel and Tourism Ltd. (Tourism Services). The group is established and operates under the laws of Greece; it is located at Ampelokipoi - Athens, 105-107 Vas. Sofias Ave., and has Tourist Corporations Registration Number: 0206E61000125600 Tourist Agent License of the Hellenic Tourist Organization (hereinafter: “GNTO”), hereinafter referred to as “Mideast”.
The Website has been developed and operates with the purpose for Mideast to provide to Website users the opportunity to collect information related to tourism services, such as transportation and accommodation services available around the world, the availability of tickets, hotels and in some cases to book on or by phone. Mideast acts solely as an intermediary for the reservation/ booking of tourist services which are presented and facilitated through the Website and are provided by several competent third parties acting as intermediary of services or service providers, hereinafter referred to as “Third Party Provider”, whose services or goods are promoted and announced through the Website and in accordance with the terms and conditions that each Third Party Provider, sets and communicates to the users.
NOTIFICATION AND ACCEPTANCE OF GENERAL TERMS OF USAGE
- During the access procedure to the Website and the usage of the services provided it is required that users should read carefully, understand and accept these terms as a prerequisite for the provision of any services.
- Mideast reserves the right to modify these terms unilaterally without any prior notification to the users. Every modified version of these terms is published on the Website. Therefore, all users prior to the receipt of any service are required to be informed about the updated version of the terms and to accept any modification thereof.
- If, for any reason whatsoever, any user does not agree or accept one or more of these terms or of the terms set by any Third Party Provider, such user should abstain from the usage of the Website and relevant services/goods, otherwise all terms are presumed as unconditionally accepted by the said user.
- For the avoidance of any misinterpretation in case of non acceptance of any of these terms or any term set by any Third Party Provider by any user, that user may not be able to access the Website and/or purchase the goods desired.
- It should be noted that the General Terms & Conditions of Mideast apply to all reservation requested by the user either through the web portal of Mideast, through the Call centre (+30 211 211 8888) or directly to Mideast offices.
- By making a reservation or purchasing a product or service offered through the Website, the user unconditionally accepts the General Terms and Conditions of Mideast.
RESERVATION SERVICE – COMPLETION OF TRANSACTION
- For the majority of the services procured through the Website, users may book the service available through the Website, followed by a specific order placed from their side. The reservation order is binding for the user, who should pay the cost of the service reserved, unless it is allowed to do otherwise, always according to the cancellation policy applicable to that service.
- Following the reservation procedure as developed and announced in the Website, each user provides Mideast with an order to act as an intermediary for the procurement of the chosen tourist goods/services by the relevant Third Party Provider.
- Reservation is confirmed by the Third Party Provider and Mideast in turn notifies the user for the aforementioned confirmation.
- In case of short-term changes of any booked service or product by the user (failure of service by the provider, e.g. flight delay or cancellation), Mideast will try to contact the customers by phone or e-mail to inform them about these changes. However, Mideast does not hold any responsibility for changes, delays or cancellations of any other travel related services provided by other providers. Late reporting of errors or discrepancies, in no case entitles the user to withdraw from the contract.
- The user is liable to follow the terms and conditions set by each provider, for example, an airline’s restrictions concerning the check-in time or the return flight confirmation. The user is informed about such conditions by the specific provider.
- Every successful booking process is followed by a message stating the success of the transaction and the reservation code, after the user fills in the form requiring the credit card details. For every successful booking, the user will receive a confirmation e-mail, which will also include the reservation code and all details relevant to the booking made. If for any reason such message does not appear or the customer does not receive a confirmation e-mail, the customer is responsible to contact Mideast either by phone at the company’s Call Centre (+30 211 211 8888) or by email at email@example.com to check whether the reservation has been made or not. Sometimes communication can be interrupted without Mideast knowing what happened to the user's computer.
- By filling in a special reservation form available on the Website and completing a booking, the customer gives strict instructions to Mideast to intermediate a provided travel service, offered by the actual provider, or any other service related to the execution of travel. Subject to the customer’s authorization for required intermediation are defined as follows:
- Reservations made by the user through Mideast Website
- Reservations made by the user through Mideast Call centre (+30 211 211 8888)
- Reservations made by the user at Mideast offices
By confirming a reservation the user is bound in any case. Reservations NOT processed through the website of Mideast may have different pricing.
- Airtickets are sent to the user as electronic tickets (e-tickets) via electronic mail (e-mail).
- The reservation and the ticket are transferred automatically in the system of the airline. After issuing the ticket, the user receives a second e-mail stating the number of electronic ticket, which will be printed and used at the airport during the check in.
- If the original email shows the number of the ticket, the customer does not receive another confirmation.
- The name of the user at the reservation system should match the name of the passport.
- In case of car rentals and hotel reservations, the user receives the voucher and reservation code respectively, at his email address. The user should provide the hotel or the car rental agency with a printed copy of the confirmation he received by Mideast, along with his voucher. Upon receipt of a car, it is necessary to present the credit card by which the reservation was made.
- In the case of organized tours the customer receives all relevant information by email.
- Ferry tickets are either sent to the customer by courier or the customer can collect them from Mideast’s offices. In the occasion where the ship company permits, the customer may collect the tickets from the ship company’s kiosk at the port of departure. In this case the customer will receive the reservation code by email or phone.
Mideast is not responsible for any loss of tickets or travel documents, which are delivered by post.
- Mideast is not responsible for the valid travel documents (passports, visa, etc.), the client should hold out for a trip.
- It is the passenger’s obligation securing the required passenger documents.
- If the customer is traveling abroad, it is the customer’s responsibility to comply with relevant conditions concerning passports, visa, customs, taxes, and conditions for imports and exports, as well as health conditions. Mideast’s website provides some information related, for the user’s convenience. However, Mideast is in no case responsible for the validity and completeness of such information. The customer is the outright responsible for his proper information, thus the user should contact the provider of that trip or the consulate of the destination country.
- The communication, including any kind of information required in accordance with these terms, between Mideast and the users of the Website is performed mainly through electronic means and specifically via the electronic address that the user has provided to Mideast for this purpose.
- Each user should notify Mideast of the required true and accurate contact details and personal data, including a valid e-mail address that the user is legitimately authorized to use.
- Users may contact Mideast electronically using the electronic address firstname.lastname@example.org or through Mideast Call Centre (+30 211 211 8888).
- Users may communicate with Third Party Providers according to the terms and conditions set by these Third Party Providers.
- The notification of inaccurate and/or false information or contact details may lead to inability and/ or refusal to deliver and/ or perform the service/ good selected and/or exclusion of the specific user from the usage of the Website and/or the services provided by Mideast and/or Third Party Providers. If such is the case, user may also be held responsible for the payment of the relevant good or service, and in cases for further reimbursement.
- In case of violation of these terms, Mideast reserves the right to reject any reservation made notifying the user accordingly.
PRICE LIST – METHOD OF PAYMENT
- The prices announced on the Website, in relation to the services provided include the total fee for the specific service, the relevant taxes and charges as well as any fee that Mideast charges for the services provided through the Website - effective at the time of completion of the reservation or transaction - unless otherwise stated in the Website. In case the user choses the telephone reservation service, the user will be informed about the relevant cost which is on top of the fees announced on the Website, before the reservation is confirmed and the relevant charge will take effect only if it is accepted.
- All prices announced on the Website are actual, final and valid at the time of the search. The prices of air tickets are subject to change depending on the availability of the airline at the time of the search.
- The cost of each service provided through the Website is defined by the relevant Third Party Provider and is announced to Mideast along with any taxes imposed and the relevant fees of Mideast. Mideast is not responsible for the setting and any alteration of these prices whatsoever.
- The prices announced on the Website may be altered by Mideast even after the completion of the reservation procedure, if the Third Party Provider, who set the specific price, alters it and notifies Mideast accordingly. In any case any prices’ alterations made after confirmation of a reservation are made exceptionally and mainly due to potential increase on the imposed taxes, fees and/or duties.
- The price of services is paid according to the procedure announced in the Website.
- The credit card owner details are automatically forwarded to the Financial Institution that is responsible to execute the transaction.
- In case of reservation, Mideast may use the credit card provided by the user as guarantee for the reservation, reserving the right to take any necessary action for the charge of the specific credit card with any cancellation fees of the reservation, according to regulations or with the price for the specific good/service.
- Users should use a credit card of which they are legal owners and authorized users. In case a credit card of a third person is being used, the presentation of a specific authorisation in writing or consent of the legal owner of the said credit card is required.
- Mideast is entitled to require users to provide any personal data and information considered as necessary for the provision and charge of the services (e.g. copy of an ID or a Passport and/or the credit card, home address certification etc), anytime, in order to identify the user of the services with credit card details used and for any other reason deemed necessary by Mideast with regard to the provision of the services. Any documents required to be sent by post are sent by Mideast to the postal address provided by the user.
- Car rental should only be done by the driver’s credit card, who will also be the one to receive the car. Upon receipt of the car, it is essential to demonstrate that same credit card.
- For booking low cost airlines’ tickets (e.g. easy jet), payment is only possible by credit card. Note that aforementioned tickets’ prices usually refer only to simple fare and do not include the cost for luggages. Luggage reservation can be done when completing the reservation, by adding the relevant cost as set by each airline. If the customer decides to add a luggage after having completed the booking procedure, Mideast will charge 5 € extra, to the added cost as defined by the airline.
- In case the reservation concerns a combination of two flights, the customer is liable to have sufficient funds on the credit card used for the transaction, equal or greater than the total cost of the two separate flights. Altogether, should the total cost of the transaction exceed the funds available on the credit card, this might result in a disrupted booking, for example, in double flight bookings, only one of the two flights will be purchased, without cancellation possibility, whereas the other one might not be processed.
- In case the payment is processed by credit card, and the entire amount will be charged when the booking is completed. If the payment is processed via bank deposit, the payment transaction has to be completed within a specific timeframe defined by the airline or the specific air ticket offer.
- Before the payment process has been finalized and Mideast has received the payment, Mideast has no obligation to provide any tickets or other travel documents to the user. In any case, the customer is always responsible for paying the amount of the booked services and products in total.
- Mideast may deliver all tickets, confirmations for reservations, vouchers or other travel documents to the address, which the customer provided to the bank or the issuer of his credit card.
CANCELLATION PROCEDURE – REIMBURSEMENT OF MONEY ACCEPTED
- Third Party Providers set and announce the accepted procedures regarding cancellations and aleterations of reservation, as well as the provision of their goods/services.
- The user who wishes to cancel or modify his reservation or any service purchased should contact email@example.com the soonest possible. If a cancellation or modification possibility is provided according to the terms of the Third Party Provider, the user is being notified accordingly and these terms are applied with respect to any sums to be returned as reimbursement and/ or to be retained as cancellation fee. In addition to any such sums, Mideast may charge a cancellation fee or a fee for the reservation’s alteration or the good, as defined at the price list (also sometimes announced on the Website).
- It is highlighted that Mideast’s commission for the completion of the reservation or the procurement of the good is not returned.
- The ability to change or cancel an air ticket, a trip or a different product or service and the conditions governing such a change or cancellation are subject to conditions set by each provider to which Mideast has no influence. If the supplier provides the user the right to cancel or change a product or service, the user is obliged to inform Mideast in writing about the cancellation or change, otherwise Mideast may not cancel or modify the reservation.
- Before making any reservation or booking, the user must read and agree with the terms and conditions.
- If the user buys a return ticket or multileg flight and decides to use only part of the ticket, the user has to notify Mideast in order to be informed if this is possible, since every airline has a different policy and in some cases the passenger may be considered as non show at the 1st part of the flight, and thus the rest of the flights booked might be cancelled. There are also cases where the passenger may use the remaining part of the ticket, but with an extra charge.
- If the user needs to change or cancel a ticket which has not been issued, Mideast changes or cancels the reservation without charge. If a ticket has been issued, Mideast changes or cancels it, in accordance to the terms set by the supplier. Any such charges are equal to those applicable to all travel agencies, always depending on the time of cancellation.
- Apart from the possible cancellation – change fee as set by the provider, the charge by Mideast (service fee) is defined according to the following:
- 1. Change of fare (domestic or international): 10 euro/ticket
- 2. Cancellation of fare (domestic or international): 10 euro/ticket
- For change or cancellation of a travel package, hotel or any other service, the customer should take Mideast’s advice before taking any action.
- In case of cancellation, the commission paid when purchasing a service is non-refundable. In case of cancellation with fault of the supplier, no additional service fee is charged by Mideast.
- Mideast is not obliged to respond to requests for changes or cancellations in less than 8 working hours. The company does not support changes or cancellations of air or ferry tickets, outside operating hours.
- In cases of cancellation or change on air tickets, the customer will be refunded only if the airline itself has proceeded to the refund process. The customer will get the refund not earlier than the end of the month, following the date of cancellation. Mideast is not responsible for possible delays caused by the airline.
- The refund for Mideast’s services will be made 30 days after the date of cancellation.
PROTECTION OF PERSONAL DATA – CONFIDENTIALITY
- Access to the Website and purchase of the services promoted therein involves that the users notify Mideast of any information which Mideast considers necessary for the successful and safe provision and delivery of the goods/services requested. The users have to notify Mideast with accurate information such as name, e-mail address, postal address, telephone number, credit card data, etc. Upon the insertion of the data required, each user unconditionally consents to the collection, usage and processing of the personal data provided for the purpose of purchasing the goods/services requested. If any user does not agree with the collection, usage, processing and/or forwarding personal data in accordance with these terms, this user should refrain from using the Website’s services, otherwise it is assumed that the General Terms and Conditions continue to be unconditionally accepted by the particular user.
- Mideast collects and keeps records solely of the personal data that each user voluntarily provides by inserting any data required in the relevant fields and/or providing answers with regard to specific actions performed by Mideast and to which the users may voluntarily participate.
- The purpose of the collection, usage and processing of personal data that each user notifies to Mideast, is the provision of the goods/services for receiving which the user’s personal details are necessary.
- Each user upon acceptance of these terms gives an explicit and unconditional consent for the usage, maintenance, processing and forwarding of the personal data and details that he notifies to Mideast, by Mideast and any Third Party Providers in order to receive the goods he requested through the Website.
- Mideast retains the right to use the user’s contact details for the dispatch of information/ promotional messages with regard to its goods and services as well as of relevant offers and/or announcements, if the said user has not withdrawn its consent accordingly.
- If a user does not wish that his personal data is used for the dispatch for such kind of updates by Mideast, he should notify Mideast by sending an e-mail message at firstname.lastname@example.org using the same e-mail address, declared upon subscribtion, quoting: “I don’t wish to receive information material” or simply click on the “Unsubscribe” link at the end of the newsletter.
- Any user may request to be informed anytime with regard to his personal data preserved by Mideast, the purpose of their processing as well as to request their modification, their correction or deletion, by sending a request electronically from the e-mail address declared upon subscription to email@example.com attaching a copy of his ID.
- The collection, maintenance, processing and forwarding of the personal data that the users notify to Mideast through the Website are collected and subject to usage and processing in accordance with personal data protection laws and specifically in accordance with the Greek laws 2472/1997 and 3471/2006, as in force.
- Mideast allows access to the users’ personal data only to authorized persons who are required to have access on a ‘need to know basis’. In this scope, Mideast reserves the right to grant authorized access or/and the right for the usage and processing of the personal data to third natural persons or legal entities, to which the processing has been assigned.
- The user’s personal data protection by Third Party Providers is defined in accordance with the relevant terms and conditions set and notified by these Third Party Providers and Mideast bears no responsibility thereof.
- Mideast reserves the right to use the provided by the users data for statistical, promotional, research or/and advertising purposes, notifying this data e.g. to market research companies assigned for the said purposes, in a way the identification of the person they refer to would not be possible.
- MIDEAST does not warrant nor is responsible regarding to the availability of the goods/services provided but simply announces the specified information on the Website as notified by each Third Party Provider.
- Over 70.000 hotels are available in the Mideast database, including some two-star ones. These hotels are suitable for travellers wishing to travel economically and are not recommended to clients. Mideast doesn’t recommend a particular hotel and does not guarantee the quality of all hotels presented on its website. For further recommendations, customers should contact Mideast travel consultants at the office’s Call Centre (+30 211 211 8888) or at firstname.lastname@example.org.
- Mideast makes every possible effort for the smooth operation of the website without providing any guarantee either regarding its normal functioning and the suitability of the software, the products and the services offered, as well as or that the website will never go down and it will be free from viruses and the likes. The same applies to the information included on this website that is provided by third parties.
- Under very exceptional cases, the price of the air fare shown on Mideast website may not be valid on final booking confirmation. Mideast is only bound to the price appeared on the e-ticket delivered.
- The website user guarantees that he/she is over 18 years old and is responsible for any usage of this Website by minors on his behalf.
- The user is obliged to use the Website in accordance to the law and follow the Terms and Conditions staed therein.
- Any usage of the Website for misleading or speculative purposes, or purposes that could cause a malfunction in the provision of services, is prohibited.
- Any irregular action performed while using the Website will result in blocking the user’s access to the services provided.
- If the user represents a company and requests to issue an invoice, the user must provide Mideast with the correct information. In case of incorrect information provided by the user and in order to cancel the existing invoice and issue a new one, there is an extra 5€ charge. The same applies if the user had initially asked for a simple receipt and later decided to ask for an invoice.
- The user shall defend and indemnify Mideast and any third party providers and distributors and their executives, directors, employees and agents from and against any claim, cause of action or demand, including any legal and/or accounting fees brought by:
- The user’s or on the user’s behalf violation of the liability as described herein
- Third parties as a result of the user’s violation of the website’s Terms and Conditions.
- Violation of the law or the rights of any third party
- Bad usage of this Website
- Any copying, distribution, data transfering, altering, resale, creating of derivative work or misleading of the public about the actual provider of the Website’s content is strictly prohibited.
OUR OFFICES OPERATING HOURS – CUSTOMER SERVICE
- Mideast operates 5 days a week (Monday to Friday) 08:00 - 19:00 and on Saturdays 09:00 – 14:00. Provide of information, telephone transactions, and payment of tickets from Mideast’s offices, can only be made within that time.
- For any request made outside the aforementioned operating hours by email, fax or telephone, etc, the next working day is considered as the date of receipt of this request, always depending on the request and the respective operating hours of the department responsible.
- Mideast reserves the right to modify these terms unilaterally, without any prior notification to the users.
- Non-acceptance of these terms or breach thereof, in whole or in part, provides Mideast the right to reject the user’s booking and/ or block his access to the Website and goods provided through it.
- This Agreement will be governed by the laws of Greece. The customer consents and submits to the exclusive jurisdiction of the state and federal courts located in Athens, Greece, in all questions and controversies arising out of the customer’s usage of this site and this Agreement.
- The validity of the aforementioned terms and conditions cannot be limited by any potential contrary transaction term of user. Amendments and additions to the terms may only be valid if they are accepted byMideast’s legal representatives. Any amendments and additions, as well as additional agreements, should be made in writing. Delivery of such information by email is equivalent to delivery by letter.